Monday, December 6, 2010

Ask an Atheist: from CyberKitten

"Did you become an atheist after a crisis of faith or have you never believed in God?"

Thanks for submitting the first question! I cannot access your blog, but from your profile, I can see your an inquisitive person (perhaps that is the reason you have Kitten in your name?)

I am glad to write about my "de-conversion," and have done so before. Here are some posts I've written in previous years that might give some insight...
Ask Me Why
Confession of a Former Church Camp Counselor

While both of those posts may seem to indicate a crisis of faith, I would instead say I had a realization of my incapacity for faith (in a religious sense). Being raised Methodist, I don't really recall it being a super important message that Jesus was a deity. I remember the service, fellowship, and missions more than anything.

Sorry this took me a few days to post for you, let me know if that answered your question, or if you want to "discuss" further. :)

2 comments:

CyberKitten said...

space said: I cannot access your blog, but from your profile, I can see your an inquisitive person...

I am - you should see 2 Blogs of the same name. One is blank - the other one is full of stuff... Confusing I know!

CyberKitten said...

Try:

http://cyberkittenspot.blogspot.com

I have quite a few posts on Atheism for you to read through if you wish too. Check out the Atheism label, also the Thinking About & the All About Me.